Students can now choose between four residences:
In 2020, nearly 125 more housing units will be added, to be managed by the Lyon CROUS.
- Ydéal Study, a student residence with 90 rooms built as part of the Ydéal programme by OGIC.
- Rinck, an intergenerational housing facility combining:
- 72 housing units for seniors (2019)
- 4 housing units for students (2019) and
- a student residence featuring 36 housing units (2020) around a common garden completed in two phases as part of a partnership between intermunicipal social action centres of Lyon and Villeurbanne, and the Lyon CROUS.
STUDENTS AND SENIORS, TOGETHER
La Confluence features intergenerational housing, with the aim of strengthening social ties and offering housing adapted to the needs of each person. In the former St. Paul’s and St. Joseph’s prisons, the Emmanuel Mounier residential development, managed by Habitat et Humanisme, features 122 housing units for students as well as for convalescing residents temporarily unable to go home. This solidarity-based residence offers both single-occupancy and shared flats.
See the facility's brochure.
In addition to the 72 housing units of the Rinck residence, there are 70 beds at a home for dependent seniors (EHPAD) located at 65 Rue Smith. It includes a protected living unit (UVP) for 18 residents with Alzheimer’s disease.
Various organisations in La Confluence offer home care and home autonomy support (cleaning, meals, nursing care, adult day care centres and assistance):