A CREATIVE, INNOVATIVE QUARTER
Creativity is the hallmark of La Confluence. Companies in this area embody this creative energy, fostering a business ecosystem that has constantly grown and gained expertise and skills.
The Docks on the Saône side are a great example of this contagious creativity. In new buildings or refurbished industrial premises, the Docks are now home to companies in the worlds of communication, media and design: GL Events, Euronews, Arkane Studios, M6Web, DDB Nouveau Monde, Esprit des Sens, Le Progrès, and more.
OPPORTUNITIES ON THE RHÔNE SIDE
On the Rhône side, 150,000 sq. metres of office space will be built by 2030. From a few dozen sq. metres to vast spaces covering 1,000 sq. metres, they all have one thing in common: the quality of the architecture and the interior comfort.
THEY CHOSE LA CONFLUENCE
The district has companies of all sizes. The business community that has grown over the years is now highly diverse and very active.
Of the 1,300 businesses operating in the area in 2019:
- 12% in communication
- 10% in building and construction
- 8% in finance and insurance
- 7% in recreation
- 4% in transport
- 4% in education
JLL chose La Confluence
Schools and institutions of higher education have also chosen La Confluence. Euridis Business School, Bellecour École and Strate, a design school, are the most recent ones to open in La Confluence. La Confluence and its entrepreneurial ecosystem shape and inform the courses followed by the students. What do the schools have in common? Choosing an exceptional location at the centre of Lyon.
CLOSE-UP OF THE BUSINESS CENTRES
For very small enterprises (VSE), La Confluence has two business centres that offer workspaces with sizes starting at 9 sq. metres, as well as shared services.
Located on Place des Archives at the foot of Perrache Station, this business centre has 36 offices with modular furnishings, from 9 to 30 sq. metres, 4 equipped meeting rooms with capacities from 6 to 25 people and co-working spaces with top-notch amenities.
Located on Quai Perrache, this business centre offers office space for rent, designed by the Italian firm Martex, providing a plush atmosphere. At the centre of the facility, there’s a well-equipped meeting room. And the centre has access to the garden of the building, which is located very close to the Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
LA CONFLUENCE: CENTRAL LOCATION AND GOVERNANCE
- Major institutions have chosen to set up in La Confluence, to be in contact with the business community and increase their visibility. This has helped shape a unique economic and institutional landscape.
- The Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry, which opened in 2009 on Quai Perrache:
- The Rhône Chamber of Trades and Crafts (CMA) left Lyon’s 6th district for larger premises, opening out onto the public space and more welcoming for trade and craft businesses. https://www.cma-lyon.fr
- The building, inaugurated in 2018 on Rue Montrochet, is also the site of the Chamber of Trades and Crafts of the Auvergne Rhône-Alpes Region.
- Banque de France, historically located in the northern part of the peninsula, decided in the late 2000s to move to La Confluence, signalling a renewal of the urban area. The building, located on the corner of Rue Denuzière and Cours Bayard, was inaugurated in 2012.
- The Auvergne-Rhône Alpes regional council moved to a building it commissioned on Esplanade François Mitterrand in 2011. Several of its branches, such as the Regional Tourism Committee, are in the quarter as well. It was a logical choice, as it’s just a few minutes on foot from Perrache Station, the area’s largest regional train station.