RENT AN ELECTRIC CAR
To reduce greenhouse gas emissions and make getting around town easy and convenient, the quarter offers electric vehicles through two car sharing programmes. In La Confluence, over 30 electric cars can be rented, whenever you need one. The principle is simple. Once you’ve registered one of the services, you just need to go:
- to a Bluely station:
- 503 Rue Vuillerme
- 100 Cours Charlemagne
- 36 Cours Suchet
- or to the Citiz LPA station (79 Cours Charlemagne).
The two services offer different packages, with or without a subscription, for individuals and companies. The cars are either hybrid or all-electric.
- has been operating in the metropolitan area of Lyon since 2013
- has 50 stations, including 3 in La Confluence
- has 150 cars
- offers 250 km of autonomy
- uses 100% renewable energy
As for Citiz, it’s a cooperative of 12 local car share operators. Users and local governments participate in the decision-making process. Citiz caters to both individuals and businesses.
Discover car sharing with Citiz
CHARGING POINTS FOR ELECTRIC CARS
For people who already have an electric car, 40 charging points are available in the neighbourhood.
Where are they?
- 20 charging points in the Marché Gare car park, including 3 fast charge points (30 minutes)
- 2 NAVLY charge points
- 9 charge points distributed across the 3 Bluely stations
- 3 charge points at the CNR station
CNR currently has 5 charging points in the Lyon metropolitan area: Ecully, Givors, Lyon Confluence, Port Herriot and Rillieux. In all, 50 stations along the Rhône River, from Geneva to the Mediterranean Sea: an electric corridor powered by the river’s energy.
FIND SOMEONE TO CARPOOL WITH
In order to foster implementation of its green mobility policy, the Lyon metropolitan authority Métropole de Lyon has designed a carpooling app. This app helps connect drivers and passengers looking for carpool partners, to make their journeys more environmentally friendly.
Find out more : covoiturage-grandlyon.com